Water Treatment for Caravans and RVs
Water tanks in caravans and RVs need to be treated regularly to ensure the water is safe for consumption.
Organic material such as biofilm, harmful bacteria, fungi and viruses build up in water tanks, which can be harmful to your health and also cause problems in the flow-rate and longevity of your system. The fact that caravans are often not used for prolonged periods of time makes it even more crucial to protect yourself and keep the water safe for cooking and consumption.
CleanOxide, which is Chlorine Dioxide, is the most effective product on the market to clean water tanks and ensure the water is safe for consumption.
Read the Caravan and RV guide here.
Recommended by the WHO
The World Health Organisation recommends and has rated Chlorine Dioxide as the most powerful water sanitiser in the world. It is a well known disinfectant for drinking water with many advantages over chlorination. Worldwide over 900 public water systems are using chlorine dioxide for water disinfection.
Safer than Chlorine
In comparison when Chlorine is used to treat water stored in tanks, it produces a number of undesirable by-products including Carcinogenic Trihalomethanes. Whereas Chlorine Dioxide does not produce any of these dangerous by-products.
Benefits of CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide
- Effective over a broad pH range (4 to 10).
- Controls bacteria, fungi, viruses, biofilm and algae.
- Does not react with ammonia & does not produce toxic compounds in contact with organic materials present in water.
- Effective at lower dose rates than chlorine or bromine.
- Non-corrosive at the recommended dose rates.
- Bio-degradable in sunlight.
- Micro-organisms do not develop resistance to Clean Oxide.
- Safe for consumption and approved for use in Australia and around the world.
- After opening, best used within 12 months.